Erection date: 18/9/1883
This stone was laid by the Rt. Hon. Henry Knight, Lord Mayor of London.
Henry Lincoln - Chairman
Samuel Lloyd Howard DL, JP
Thomas James Clements
Edmond Egan, ARIBA, BA - Architect
John Egan - Builder
Sept 18th 1883
Site: Lopping Hall - Station Road (2 memorials)
IG10, Station Road, Lopping Hall
From British History Online: "The hall contained reading and lecture rooms and accommodation for parish meetings. In 1902 it was enlarged at a cost of £1,330 by a new wing of which the upper floor was let to the newly formed urban district council for a council chamber and offices and the lower floor to the Midland Bank Ltd... In 1936 the library was sold. In 1937 further alterations to the hall were made at the cost of the Midland Bank." Supported by the 1915 map, we think that would have been the 3 storey building to the right of the picture (at the green car), with the overhanging mansard, although that feature is probably much more recent.