Plaque: Hubert Gough & Hornsey WW1 dead
Erection date: 5/11/1928
This stone was lad by General Sir Hubert Gough, GCMC, KCB, KCVO, November 5th 1928.
Here is deposited the scroll bearing names of the Hornsey men who made the supreme sacrifice.
This double plaque, the foundation stone, is under the window on the right. Quite where the scroll was deposited (behind the plaque in the wall? Inside the building?) we don't know, nor whether it is still there.
Site: Hornsey British Legion (2 memorials)
N8, Elder Avenue, Earl Haig Memorial Hall
The Building is clearly inscribed with "Earl Haig Memorial" and "1928". The weather vane had a gun carriage in place of the traditional cockerel. We learn at OpinioN8 that in November 2012 a planning application was lodged to demolish this building.