Plaque: Harrow School - Grenfell terraces
Erection date: 1929
These terraces and steps were constructed in 1929 through the generosity of Edward Charles Grenfell 1st Baron St Just, West Acre 1884 - 1888, a governor of the School 1922 - 1941.
Site: Harrow School - Miller gates + Grenfell terraces (3 memorials)
HA1, Church Hill
The gate piers with the urns, that can be seen in our photo, each have a plaque on the other, north facing, side. These are only visible from the large tarmaced area between them and the school building. In our photo the Grenfell terraces plaque can be seen just below the central balustrade.