Plaque: Hackney Salvation Army - 1 - Chief of the Staff
Erection date: 11/10/1910
This stone was laid for the glory of God on behalf of the Chief of the Staff of the Salvation Army.
October 11th 1910.
At this date the Chief of Staff was Bramwell Booth.
Site: Salvation army - Hackney (4 memorials)
E8, Mare Street, 280
Built for the Salvation Army in 1910. Their Women's Social Work HQ moved here in 1911 from offices at another nearby Salvation Army address, 259 Mare Street. The work run from here included: women's social and slum work, rescue homes and children's aid, all that we now know as 'social work'. Refurbished in 2008 the building is now used as council offices.