Plaque: Hackney Central Hall and Library - foundation
Erection date: 23/3/1907
This stone was laid by HRH Princess Christian on Saturday the 23rd March 1907 during the Mayoralty of Ald. Dr. F. Montague Miller JP.
Site: Hackney Central Hall and Library - foundation (1 memorial)
E8, Mare Street, 270
We believe this was built as the Hackney Central Hall and Library. In 2000 it was being refurbished as the the Ocean music venue and then in about 2011 it became the Hackney Picturehouse.