mobile nav

Memorial

Guildhall reconstruction Guildhall reconstruction

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Plaque: Guildhall reconstruction

Erection date: 8/6/1970

Inscription

{Beneath the City of London crest:}
Lt. Col. and Alderman Sir Ian Frank Bowater DSO . TD . D Sc
Lord Mayor of London unveiled this stone on the 8th June 1970
Lt. Col Owen Campbell-Jones TD . FRIBA . FRICS
Chairman of the Guildhall Reconstruction Committee
Sir Giles Scott, Son & Partner Architects

Site: Guildhall reconstruction (1 memorial)

EC2, Guildhall Yard, West wing

The plaque is at the centre of the ground underneath the projecting Alderman's Court.

Wikipedia's page for the architect Richard Gilbert Scott lists a number of projects at Guildhall 1960 - 76 including the west wing and the Alderman's Court; and then again 1989–99 including the Art Gallery to the east of the Yard.  

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Guildhall reconstruction

Information Created by

Giles Scott, Son and Partner

Arcitectural firm founded by Giles Gilbert Scott. Their work includes the rec...

Read More

Sir Ian Bowater

Lord Lieutenant of the City of London in 1939; Sheriff of the City of London ...

Read More

Owen Campbell-Jones

Architect. Son of architect William Campbell Jones. Designed Bucklersbury Hou...

Read More