mobile nav

Memorial

Entrance to the Rotherhithe Tunnel - north Entrance to the Rotherhithe Tunnel - north

Plaque: Entrance to the Rotherhithe Tunnel - north

Erection date: 12/6/1908

Inscription

This tunnel, constructed by the London County Council, was opened by H.R.H. The Prince of Wales, KG, on the 12th of June 1908.
Maurice Fitzmaurice, CMG, Engineer

Site: Entrance to the Rotherhithe Tunnel - north (1 memorial)

E14, Rotherhithe Tunnel entrance

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Entrance to the Rotherhithe Tunnel - north

Information Subjects commemorated

52424

Rotherhithe Tunnel

Road tunnel crossing under the River Thames, connecting Rotherhithe to the Ra...

Read More

46341

London County Council

Prior to the LCC London matters were run by church parishes. The LCC was the ...

Read More

52420

Sir Maurice Fitzmaurice

Civil engineer. Born at Clogher, near Tralee, County Kerry, Ireland. He worke...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Entrance to the Rotherhithe Tunnel - north

Information Created by

46249

King George V

Reigned: 1910 - 1936.  Born third in line to the throne, after his father (wh...

Read More