mobile nav

Memorial

Enfield Market - pump Enfield Market

Plaque: Enfield Market - pump

Inscription

{Plaque in the pavement:}
This pump stood in the market place from 1847 to 1904. It was given to the London Borough of Enfield by Mrs W. M. Reeves in memory of her husband C. W. Reeves Esq, OBE, FRIBA, FRICS. It was restored and erected by the Borough Council May 1979.

One wonders where the pump had been 1904-79, and how did Mrs Reeves acquire this delightful gothic artefact.

At the Enfield Society we see that the market place had had a pump since at least 1793.

Site: Enfield Market (3 memorials)

EN2, Market Chambers

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Enfield Market - pump

Information Subjects commemorated

C. W. Reeves

Discussing St Mary Magdelene (Ridgeway/Windmill Hill) British History Online ...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Enfield Market - pump

Information Created by

Mrs W. M. Reeves

Wife of C. W. Reeves.

Read More

Borough of Enfield

The northernmost borough of London. Formed by the amalgamation of the Municip...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
Enfield Market - pump

Information Also at this site

Enfield Market - 700 years

The Old Enfield Charitable Trust Enfield Market - Her Majesty The Queen, acco...

Read More

Enfield Market - Edward VII

Designed by Sidney M. Cranfield, this market house replaced a similar one whi...

Read More