Barnado Gardens. This block was built by the London County Council in 1957. It was named after Dr Thomas Barnardo (1845 - 1905), who opened his first home for destitute children nearby in Stepney Causeway in 1868.
Tower Hamlets Community Housing THCH
Site: Dr. Barnardo - Cable Street (1 memorial)
E1, Cable Street, Barnardo Gardens
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk