Plaque: Copenhagen House and Caledonian Market
Copenhagen House, famous tavern & tea-garden, stood here from early 17th century until 1855.
Caledonian Market held here from the 1870s until 1939.
London Borough of Islington
Site: Copenhagen Park Clock tower (2 memorials)
N7, Market Road, Caledonian Park
We attended the unveiling of the Tolpuddle plaque on 25 April 2009, the 175th anniversary of the march, and took the photographs at the event. The tower is all that remains of the Caledonian Cattle Market, built in 1855 by J. B. Bunning, and demolished after WW2. 2013: The tower might be opened to the public, but meanwhile A London Inheritance reports on a visit. Another London Inheritance post does an excellent job with the history of the site.