Plaque: Citroën House
Erection date: 2015
Citroën House, an early example of a concrete-framed building, was built in 1916 as a showroom service depot for Ford Motor Company. The architects were Charles Heathcote & Sons of Manchester, who also designed Ford's factory at Dagenham. Citroën succeeded Ford in 1923, giving the building their name. Citroën House was requisitioned for the RAF in WWII and later occupied by Osram.
Hammersmith and Fulham Historic Buildings Group
Site: Citroën House (1 memorial)
W6, Shepherd's Bush Road, 184
This is the only London work that we can identify by Heathcote, a Manchester architect. e-Architect describes, with photos, Its recent renovation.