Once associated with Whitehall, the famous Cheam School was established on this site by 1719. The Chapel, now altered, survives nearby as St. Christophers R.C. Church. The most famous pupil at the school on this site was the Duke of Edinburgh. The school moved to Headley, near Newbury, Berkshire, in 1984, and Charles, Prince of Wales, was later a pupil there.
Heritage in Sutton - Sutton Leisure Services
Site: Cheam School (2 memorials)
SM3, High Street, Cheam, Tabor Court
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of plaquesoflondon.co.uk