Plaque: British Ballet
Here was the birthplace of British ballet, home of the Ballet Club and the Ballet Rambert, founded by his wife, Dame Marie Rambert, 1888 - 1982.
Site: Mercury Theatre & British Ballet (2 memorials)
W11, Ladbroke Road, 2
From: British History: "This building was erected in 1851 as a school by the Congregationalists of the adjoining Horbury Chapel. The architect was John Tarring. It was subsequently used as a church hall and then as a sculptor's studio to 1929 before becoming the home of Madame Rambert's Russian School of Dancing. After extensive alterations in 1930-1 it became known as 'Ballet Club' and was subsequently named The Mercury Theatre. It is now occupied by the Rambert School of Ballet, but has not been used for ballet performances since 1965."
These two plaques were erected at the same time - there's a clue in the wording.