The Blackheath Literary Institution, 1845. Restored by the Blackheath Preservation Trust, 1975.
Carden, Godfrey & Macfadyen - architects
T. Rider & Son - builders
Site: Blackheath Literary Institution (1 memorial)
SE3, Tranquil Vale, 1, Martin House
The current building is named after A. R. Martin, who died in 1974 but who contributed so much to Blackheath life, being a founder member of the Blackheath Society and the Blackheath Preservation Trust. Upon his death, he bequeathed his personal archive - a huge collection - to the Greenwich Heritage Centre.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesof london.co.uk