Plaque: Bishop Wood’s Almshouses
Erection date: 1930
Bishop Wood’s Almshouses
Erected and endowed by Dr Thomas Wood, sometime Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry, born in the Parish of Hackney 1607 and died 1692.
The Almshouses and chapel were restored by the Trustees, AD 1930.
The Revd N. A. Lash MA - Chairman, Rector of St John at Hackney
Sir D. T. Keymer OBE - Hon Treasurer
William Voss - Clerk
H. Reginald Ross - Architect
Good to know they still haven't caught Bill Stickers.
Site: Bishop Wood’s Almshouses (1 memorial)
E5, Lower Clapton Road
In 1906 the Charity Commissioners approved a scheme whereby Bishop Wood's Almshouses were to be administered by the Trustees of Dr Spurstowe's Charity.
In our photo the lady in red and her partner are struggling to carry their Christmas tree home. 28 November - too early, surely!