Plaque: Andrew Johnston
Erection date: 30/3/1915
This bridge was opened on March 30th 1915 by Mr. Andrew Johnston Chairman of the Essex County Council and Mrs. Johnston.
It was built in the first year of the great war and replaced the old ferry bridge built in 1760 by Sir William Maynard - Baronet.
Sheldon - Engineer.
French - Contractor.
Site: Andrew Johnston (1 memorial)
N17, Ferry Lane, Ferry Boat Inn
The plaque can be seen in our photo, below the street lamp.