mobile nav


W. Young & Son

Group  From 1750 

Categories: Commerce, Food & Drink

The Young family began fishing the Thames for whitebait in 1750. In 1811 William Young married Elizabeth Martha who had been selling fish at the Greenwich quayside. They set up a fish shop and the business expanded so that in 1890 they moved their headquarters to London. Gordon and his brothers entered the business in the 1920s and expansion continued. By the 1950s that business had grown to be Britain’s largest fish brand. Reference for Business gives a full history of the company, now Young's Bluecrest Seafood Holdings.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
W. Young & Son

Information Commemorated at

Young & Son

The weather vane above this tower represents a Bawley fishing boat. Whitebait...

Read More