mobile nav

Subject

University of West London / Ealing College

University of West London / Ealing College

Group  From 1834 

Categories: Education

Wikipedia gives: 1860 the Lady Byron School was founded and later became Ealing College of Higher Education. In 1990 this merged with a number of others to form the Polytechnic of West London. In 1992 this became a university and was renamed as the Thames Valley University. 2011 it was renamed as the University of West London.

The plaque gives the start date of the school on this site as 1834, as the Co-operative School, which we believe was also (or very soon after) known as Ealing Grove School. It seems likely that it was renamed Lady Byron School in 1860, in honour of its founder who died that year.

We understand the campus  has a block named for Lady Byron.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
University of West London / Ealing College

Information Creations

Lady Byron

Lady Byron, 1792 - 1860, founded the renowned Co-operative School within thes...

Read More