The Red House
Place From 1860
Located in Bexleyheath, it was co-designed by Philip Webb and William Morris, to serve as a family home for the latter. Morris's passions for medieval-inspired neo-gothic styles are reflected throughout its design, and It was here that he began his earliest wallpaper designs. It remained a private residence and was lived in by the future architect Edward Maufe, when young. 2003 it was purchased by the National Trust and is now a visitor attraction with an accompanying tea room and the inevitable gift shop.