mobile nav

Subject

The Cavendish Hotel

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

The Cavendish Hotel

Building  From 1836 

Categories: Commerce

There is evidence of a 'Miller's Hotel' on the site in the early 1800s which was renamed in 1836. It was purchased by Rosa Lewis, who expanded it by combining four buildings into one. During both the World Wars it was used as a social first aid centre for servicemen. When Lewis became ill, a friend took it over, but it went into decline and closed in 1962. The current hotel opened in 1966.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
The Cavendish Hotel

Information Commemorated at

Rosa Lewis

City of Westminster Rosa Lewis, 1867 - 1952, chef de cuisine and hotelier, dr...

Read More