Place    From 1907 

Stanley Trade School

Categories: Education

Founded by W. F. R. Stanley as the Stanley Technical Trade School. It was taken control of by Philip Harris, and Croydon Council and the local community of South Norwood agreed that it should be called the Harris Academy at Stanley. In 2007 however, Harris unilaterally decided that the school should be called the Harris Academy South Norwood.

The Listing entry says "The Trade School was the first in this country, and still operates."

Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Stanley Trade School

Commemorated atInformation

Stanley Trade School

The original Stanley Trade School, opened in 1907 by William Ford Stanley, as...

Read More

Other Subjects

Hawthorns High School for Boys

Hawthorns High School for Boys

School in Hayes, in the Borough of Hillingdon at which George Orwell taught from 1932 - 1933. He is top right in the photograph.

Building, Education

1 memorial
Jerwood Medical Education Centre

Jerwood Medical Education Centre

From the picture source website: "The Jerwood Medical Education Centre was designed by Carden & Godfrey Architects to blend in with the surrounding Georgian and neo-Georgian buildings. ....The ...

Group, Education, Medicine

1 memorial
Hisanari Murahashi

Hisanari Murahashi

Became a student at UCL in 1865.

Person, Education, Japan

1 memorial
Charterhouse School

Charterhouse School

Founded by Thomas Sutton in 1611, the year of his death. An ex-Carthusian priory near Smithfield was used for the school - thus pupils are known as Carthusians. Sutton was buried in the chapel. Th...

Building, Education

1 memorial