mobile nav

Subject

Royal College of Surgeons

Group  From 1800 

Categories: Medicine

Henry VIII brought two organisations together in 1540 to form the Company of Barber-Surgeons. The surgeons broke away in 1745, bought the property in Lincoln's Inn Fields in 1797 and became the Royal College of Surgeons in 1800.
Their Lincoln's Inn building, on the south side, contains the seriously creepy Hunterian Museum.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Royal College of Surgeons

Information Commemorated at

Bicentenary of the Royal College of Surgeons

This Oak tree (Quercus robur) was planted by Barry Jackson, President, The Ro...

Read More

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Royal College of Surgeons

Information Creations

John Hunter, Lincoln's Inn Fields

{The front of the stone plinth is inscribed:} Hunter {On a plaque attached ...

Read More