Red Cross Garden
Place From 1887
Part of Octavia Hill's pioneering social housing scheme. It consists of two rows of cottages and a community hall, designed by Elijah Hoole. It was created to provide 'An open air sitting room for the tired inhabitants of Southwark' and had an elaborate layout of curved lawns, flower beds and serpentine paths, an ornamental pond with fountain, bandstand and covered children's play area.