Queens Wood, Highgate
Place From 23/7/1898
50 acres. Prompted by a campaign led by Henry Reader Williams Hornsey Council purchased Queen's Wood (then called Churchyard Bottom Wood) in 1898 for "the free use of the public forever". The change in name was in honour of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. The opening and dedication ceremony was led by HRH the Duchess of Albany.