Palace Gates Line
Place From 1/1/1878 To 7/1/1963
The line was constructed by the Great Eastern Railway with a temporary terminus at Noel Park and Wood Green before being opened to Palace Gates. A connection to Bowes Park on the Hertford Loop Line which ran just north of the site of the terminus station, was added in 1929. The opening of nearby stations at Alexandra Palace and Hornsey and the extension of the Piccadilly Line to Cockfosters, considerably reduced the line's viability. After its closure to passengers, it continued as a line for goods trains until 1964.