Mrs Eliza Wilson
Person Female Born 6/3/1824 Died 17/1/1902
Born Eliza Lawes, daughter of Edward Hobson Vitruvius Lawes and Jane Edwards Lawes. He was a barrister and lived in Serjeants Inn, and their daughter was baptised on the 1st April 1824 at St. Andrew, Holborn. She married Walter Wilson on the 29th September 1850 at St. Mary's Church, Paddington.
Walter was born 1816 in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire and was the son of John and Sophia Wilson. He was baptised on the 7th May 1816 in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. On the 1841 census he is shown as being a surgeon and living in Henrietta Street, Bloomsbury, with his father and mother, two sisters, Harriett and Maria and his brother John. The 1851 census still shows him as being a surgeon, living at 22 Tavistock Place, St Pancras, with his wife, Eliza, and one servant.
The 1861 census gives his occupation again as a surgeon but he and his wife have now moved to 15 Medina Villas, Hove, Brighton, where they are living with House Servant and a 13 year old Page Boy. The 1871 census now shows him to be a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons and they are both living at 10 Medina Villas, Hove, Brighton with his first cousin, a Cook, a Parlour Maid and a House Maid. The 1881 census has them both living at 14 Tisbury Road, Hove, with a Cook and a House Maid.
According to the 1891 census, he resided at 7 Haven Green, Ealing, a retired Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons and living there with his wife Eliza, a Cook, a Housemaid and an Under Housemaid. He died on the 29th November 1893 and left an estate of £589.
Eliza lived on at the address and was shown on the 1901 census as 'Living on own means', with a Ladies Companion called Mary Knight, a Cook and a House Maid. She died leaving an estate of £5,401.