mobile nav


Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of

Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith

Group  From 1900  To 1965

Formed as a civil parish in 1834 from the chapelry of Hammersmith that had existed in the ancient parish of Fulham, Middlesex since 1631. It was grouped with Fulham as the Fulham District from 1855 until 1886. In 1889 it became part of the County of London and in 1900, became a metropolitan borough. In 1965 it was abolished and became the northern part of the London Borough of Hammersmith; renamed in 1979 as the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. The motto on the coat of arms translates as 'Let us be judged by our actions'.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith

Information Creations

Aspen Gardens

This building was opened on the 27th day of September 1948 by the Rt Hon Aneu...

Read More