HMS Pembroke V
Place From 1943 To 2007
Code name of a Ministry of Defence site in Eastcote, West London. Also known as RAF Eastcote, RAF Lime Grove and Outstation Eastcote. In WW2 the government constructed a military hospital here in preparation for casualties from the D-Day landings but it was never used for this purpose and instead became an outstation of the Bletchley Park code-breaking operations. Bletchley Park itself moved here in 1946. 1952-4 the operations were moved to Cheltenham.
1954 -77 the London Communications-Electronic Security Agency security agency was based here. In the 1950s and 60s the site was also used for an American school, serving a nearby military base, and a number of clinics. The Americans continued to use the site until its closure. The dates we give are approximate.