Henry Edmund Goodison
Person Male Born 31/10/1866 Died 24/11/1925
Honorary Treasurer of the Kenwood Preservation Council.
Our colleague Andrew Behan has kindly researched this man: Henry Edmund Goodison was born on 31 October 1866 in the St Pancras district of London, the son of Henry Goodison and Maria Goodison née Jarrett. His father was a Mercantile Clerk. On 27 January 1867 he was baptised at St Pancras Old Church, Pancras Road, Camden Town and the family address was recorded as just Camden Street whereas the 1871 census shows the family living at 105 Camden Street, Camden Town. On 8 July 1889 he applied to the Stock Exchange to be the clerk to a Mr W. G. Roden and was admitted to the Stock Exchange on 22 July 1889. In 1894 he married Emily Marshall at the Parish Church of St Margaret's, Westminster. They were to have two children, Henry Arthur Frank Goodison, born on 6 August 1899 and Edmund Harold Goodison, born on 15 February 1904.
On the night of the 1901 census, 31 March 1901, he is recorded as staying at the Queens Hotel, Western Promenade Road, Penzance, Cornwall, with his wife and elder son. His occupation was shown as a Stockbroker. Electoral registers, Post Office directories, and telephone directories show that he was trading as a Stock and Share Broker in the name of H. E. Goodison & Co at 2 Austin Friars, London, EC2 and from at least 1910 he was residing at 'Hillside' Fitzroy Park, Highgate. The 1911 census shows the family at this address together with a Cook, a Parlour Maid and a Housemaid. From 1915 the company operated from 25 Austin Friars, London. He died, aged 59 years, on 24 November 1925 and administration of his estate was granted to his widow and elder son, who was also a stockbroker. His effects totalled £14,133-5s-3d.