Place From /8/1952 To 1967
Former nightclub. Founded by father and son, Sam and Jeffrey Kruger, and originally located in Covenrtry Street. It moved to Wardour Street in April 1957 and gained a reputation for attracting top performers such as Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan and Billie Holiday. In the 1960s it became a centre for the 'mods' subculture and was a popular meeting-place for many famous musicians of the time.