Born Eliza Ann Savoury. Married W. F. R. Stanley on 2 February 1857 (his 28th birthday). They lived "above the shop" in central London as, at that time, they could afford only to rent four rooms in the same street as his shop. Five years later, the couple moved to Kentish Town, moving to South Norwood in 1865, initially to a house on the corner of Albert and Harrington Road.
Stanley had a pair of large 3-storey semis built, numbers 74-76 (lost) Albert Road, and in 1867 he and Eliza moved into number 74 and called it 'Stanleybury'. In 1878 they moved to Cumberlow.
The couple were childless but adopted Stanley's niece Eliza Ann and another child, Maud Martin, whose father and brother drowned at sea.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk