Group From 1902
Television and film production company and facilities provider. White Lodge on Ealing Green was first used for making films in 1902. Basil Dean acquired it in 1929 and, under the name Associated Talking Pictures Ltd, built the studios in 1931. From 1938 it was run by Michael Balcon who made films under the Ealing Studios name. In 1944 it was taken over by the Rank Organisation. The BBC ran the studios from 1955 to 1995 and then sold to the National Film and Television School. Since 2000 it has been owned by a consortium.
Great Ealing movies: Went the day well? (1942), The Lavender Hill Mob (1951), The Ladykillers (1955), etc.