Group   

City of London Territorial Association

Group

The Territorial Force was a part-time volunteer component of the British Army. A County Territorial Association was a body created to administer units of the Territorial Force located within an area largely defined by existing county boundaries of the UK. There was one for the County of London and another for the City of London. Each association was led by a Lord Lieutenant acting as president, along with a chairman and a vice-chairmen.

Stepping Forward London has a lot of information about the London units.

The current day Army Reserve was known as the Territorial Force 1908-21, the Territorial Army 1921-67, the Territorial and Army Volunteer Reserve 1967-79, and again the Territorial Army 1979 - 2014.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
City of London Territorial Association

Commemorated ati

Wakefield and the TA

Lord Wakefield of Hythe CBE, Hon. Col. 2nd City of London Regt. R.F., laid th...

Read More

Other Subjects

Charles Beauclerk, Duke of St Albans

Charles Beauclerk, Duke of St Albans

Illegitimate son of Nell Gwynne and Charles II.  Born at his mother's house in Lincoln's Inn Fields.  Served the monarch as a soldier in a number of battles.  Died at Bath. 

Person, Armed Forces, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
R. W. Grant

R. W. Grant

Co-partner or employee of the South Suburban Gas Company. Served but did not die in WW1.

Person, Armed Forces

War served, WW1
1 memorial
J. C. Harland

J. C. Harland

Co-partner or employee of the South Suburban Gas Company. Served but did not die in WW1.

Person, Armed Forces

War served, WW1
1 memorial
Rifleman Andrew Duncan Tait

Rifleman Andrew Duncan Tait

Andrew Duncan Tait was born on 12 December 1897 the second of the five children of Andrew Tait (1866-1954) and Alice Jane Tait née Brookman (1864-1955). His birth was registered in the 1st quarter ...

Person, Armed Forces, France

War dead, WW1
1 memorial
Gerald Road Police Station

Gerald Road Police Station

The police station opened in what was then called Cottage Row. The name was changed to Gerald Road in 1885. After years of debate about its future, in 1993 the police moved to the newly completed B...

Building, Armed Forces, Law

1 memorial