Group    From 1442 

City of London School

Categories: Education

Endowed by John Carpenter Town Clerk in 1442. The Corporation of London by an Act of Parliament in 1834 established the School at Honey Lane market in Milk Street. In 1883 the School moved to the Victoria Embankment near Blackfriars Bridge. And in 1986 to a new building in Queen Victoria Street where it remains.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
City of London School

Commemorated ati

City of London School - EC2

Site of the City of London School, 1835 - 1882 The Corporation of the City of...

Read More

City of London School - EC4, Embankment

Wikipedia gives the architects as "Davis and Emanuel Pevsner". We believe the...

Read More

City of London School - EC4 - Q.Victoria St

The City of London School was endowed by John Carpenter, Town Clerk in 1442. ...

Read More

Other Subjects

Imperial College

Imperial College

Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine is an independent constituent part of the University of London. On 8 July 1907, King Edward VII granted a Royal Charter establishing the Imperi...

Group, Education, Race Issues

5 memorials
William Edward Forster

William Edward Forster

Born Dorset. Member of Parliament for Bradford, 1861- 1886, where there is another statue of him. Educational reformer. Died at 80 Eccleston Square.

Person, Education, Industry, Philanthropy, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
Eaton Hodgkinson

Eaton Hodgkinson

Professor of engineering. FRS.  Born Cheshire.  Studied the strength of columns of various materials and pioneered the application of mathematics to structural design.  Late in life his mental abil...

Person, Education, Engineering

1 memorial
Goodenough College

Goodenough College

This is not a college but an organisation that provides residential accommodation for students and academics working in London. Competition for places is strong and applicants have to show that t...

Group, Education

4 memorials
Central Foundation Girls School

Central Foundation Girls School

Moved from Spital Square in 1975 to the building in Bow Road.  Spitalfields Life reports on a 2013 school reunion at the old building, which is now Galvin Restaurant - old photos and reminiscences.

Group, Children, Education

1 memorial