Christ Church itself was built in 1839 and quickly established its Sunday School, initially only for boys and in rented premises in Flood Street. Then Lord Cadogan donated the land directly opposite the church and schools for boys and girls were built by 1843.
British History On-line gives: The land was given in 3 tranches: that south of Robinson Street; 1851 that north of Robinson Street for an infant school; 1869 that south of Caversham Street for a playground. The girls' school was enlarged in 1872.
The school's website: "In 2002 a large rebuilding program began and the school was rebuilt over the following three years but the original facade remains."
The photo is from about 1971.