Wikipedia gives a history of this site from 1603. The current building dates from 1899. Purchased by Lyons in 1921 it operated as the Angel Cafe Restaurant until 1959. It was never classified by Lyons as a Tea Shop nor as a Corner House. It became rather run-down and then was bought by the local council in anticipation of a road widening scheme which, thankfully, never happened. Since 1979 it has been a branch of the Co-op Bank.