Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colour
W1, Piccadilly, 192-196
The building by E. R. Robson was erected for the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colour, founded in 1831 (the crest in the centre of the building declares the date "1883"). It has few windows on the second floor, instead there are 8 busts, representing, left to right: Sandby, Cozens, Girtin, Turner, Cox, De Wint, Barrett, Hunt, all sculpted by Edward Onslow Ford in 1881/2. Ornamental Passions have done their usual excellent job with splendid photos. 1976: BAFTA took over the building.