Plaque: St Olave, Silver Street - road widened
Erection date: 1865
St. Olave’s Silver Street. This churchyard was thrown back and the road widened eight feet by the Commissioners of Sewers at the request of the Vestry Anno Dommini 1865.
H. J. Cummins - Rector
F. A. Harris, C. E. Wilson - Church Wardens
Site: St Olave, Silver Street (2 memorials)
EC2, Noble Street
From the modern information board: "This garden covers the site of the church of St Olave, destroyed in 1666 by the Great Fire of London. the first reference to a church on this site is to 'St Olave de Mukewellestrate' in the twelfth century and the reference is to King Olaf (995 - 1030), the first Christian King of Norway, who fought with King Ethelred II against the Danes in England in 1013."
Silver Street itself was destroyed in the Blitz and erased completely by post-war development and traffic planning. Nearby Monkwell Street (previously "Mukewellestrate", we guess) went the same way.
More photos of this garden at Piquant Photos.