Plaque: Sir Roderic Hill
Erection date: 28/5/1957
This building was opened on 28 May 1957 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, Chancellor of the University of London.
It commemorates the life and service of Air Chief Marshall Sir Roderic Maxwell Hill, Rector of the Imperial College of Science and Technology 1948 - 54, Vice-Chancellor of the University of London 1953 - 54.
Site: Sir Roderic Hill (1 memorial)
SW7, Prince Consort Road, Roderic Hill building
The plaque is in the entrance porch of the Department of Aeronautics, Imperial College. John Oakley tells a great story of how the Queen Mum got lost in a lift on her way to the unveiling.