Erection date: 20/6/1905
This foundation stone was laid by the Right Honorable John Pound, Lord Mayor 1904 - 1905, 20th June AD 1905.
Architects - Rowland Plumbe, FRIBA, Frank M. Harvey ARIBA
Builders - Walter Lawrence & Son
Site: Prince of Wales Hospital - Tottenham (2 memorials)
N15, Tottenham Green East, 6, Deaconess Court
From the ever-useful Lost Hospitals: In 1868 the Evangelical Protestant Deaconesses' Institution and Training Hospital moved into Avenue House on the east of the Green, donated by John Morley. In 1881 this made way for a purpose-built hospital of the same name on the site, which was extended in 1887 with the John Morley Wing. 1899 it became the Tottenham Hospital. Another extension prompted yet another renaming to the Prince of Wales General Hospital in 1907; the hospital complex would eventually absorb most of the land to the east of the Green. The hospital closed 1980-3. The buildings are now residential: 'Deaconess Court' and 2a Elliot Court.
Unusually, the dates on the plaques don't tally neatly with dates of the hospital extensions.