Plaque: Portman Square Garden
Portman Square Garden was laid out and the plane trees planted following private Acts of Parliament of 1780 and 1823 in the reigns of King George III and King George IV. The garden was maintained under these acts by trustees for residents in the square until 1970 when the trustees of the Portman family settled estates and leaseholders of the surrounding properties assumed this responsibility.
This rather dull plaque is in the garden close to the Hamilton fountain.
Site: Garden and Hamilton fountain (2 memorials)
W1, Portman Square