Plaque: Mayfair's oldest house
Erection date: 27/9/1995
Westminster City Council
On this site, until destroyed by bombing during the winter of 1940, stood an archway and Mayfair's oldest house, 'The Cottage, 1618 A.D.' from where a shepherd tended his flock whilst Tyburn idled nearby.
Unveiled as part of Westminster's 50th anniversary commemorations marking the end of World War II.
The plant-screened section of the text was provided by our colleague, Alan Patient.
Site: Mayfair's oldest house (1 memorial)
W1, Stanhope Row, Park Lane Mews Hotel