Manze's Pie & Mash Shop - Locally listed building. Originally from Ravello in Italy, the Manze family emigrated to England in 1878 and founded an empire of fourteen pie & mash shops across London. In 1929 Luigi Manze rebuilt 76 High Street in its present form.
Waltham Forest Heritage
Site: Manze's Pie and Mash Shop - E17 (1 memorial)
E17, High Street Walthamstow, 76
This building was Grade II Listed in 2013: "L Manze Eel, Pie and Mash Shop on Walthamstow High Street was acquired in 1929 by Luigi Manze who employed the architect Herbert Wright to rebuild it in its present form. The Manze family continued to run the shop until 1970."
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of plaquesoflondon.co.uk