Erection date: 1984
Avenue House, bequeathed to the people of Finchley by Henry C. Stephens (1841 - 1918)
The Finchley Society 1984
2017: The plaque is no longer here (our photograph of it was taken some years ago), We have contacted Stephens House, who tell us that it was removed in 2013 as it was in a poor condition and contained historical inaccuracies. This seems strange as all the information can be verified by other sources. It is now in the archives of the Finchley Society.
Site: Henry Charles Stephens (2 memorials)
N3, East End Road, Stephens House
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk