Erection date: 2003
In commemoration of the German Hospital which served the healthcare of the communities of Hackney so faithfully & well, 1846 - 1963.
Placed by the London Borough of Hackney and its partner, the Landkreis Gottingen - 2003.
Site: German Hospital (2 memorials)
E8, Ritson Road / Madinah Road
This U-shaped 1864 extension is the building to which the above-door inscription refers. The same architects also designed the West Lodge and probably the North Lodge.
There is also meant to be a Hackney plaque here but we did not see it.