mobile nav

Memorial

Fetter Lane Society Fetter Lane Society

Plaque: Fetter Lane Society

Erection date: 9/5/1992

Inscription

{At the top: the emblem of the Moravian Church: a round image of a lamb with the flag of St George surrounded with the motto:}
Vicit Agnus Noster Eum Sequamur {Our Lamb has conquered, let us follow him}.

{Below this:}
Site of meeting place of the Fetter Lane Society (1738) and Moravian Chapel. Congregation established 10th November 1742. Moravian Church Headquarters 1875. Destroyed in air raid 11th May 1941.

Unveiled and dedicated 9th May 1992.

Site: Fetter Lane Society (1 memorial)

EC4, Fetter Lane

Wilkes' statue can be seen to the left of our photo.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Fetter Lane Society

Information Subjects commemorated

51733

Fetter Lane Society

The Moravian leader in London, Peter Bohler, established the Fetter Lane Soci...

Read More

48252

Moravian Church

Officially named Unitas Fratrum (Unity of the Brethren), it originated in Boh...

Read More