The railings erected to commemorate the coronation of HM Queen Elizabeth II were presented to the parish church by the Piccadilly and St James's Association.
Site: St James's Church (4 memorials)
Standing in Piccadilly one sees 4 memorials on the wall: from left to right: Sotheran Fountain, Garden, Lyttelton Fountain, Railings. There are 3 more memorials in the garden.
The building on Piccadilly, to the east of the garden is the Parish Offices. A plaque in the broken pediment above the door is inscribed in Latin, which translates as "To the glory of the people's safety after the fire of the war the buildings were rebuilt AD 1956."