At the cross roads the Standard in Cornhill formerly stood. Removed 1674.
The Corporation of the City of London
Site: Cornhill Standard (1 memorial)
EC3, Cornhill, 59-60
The plaque is actually high up on the Gracechurch Street frontage. The Cornhill Standard was a water pump, so important that round about 1600 it was sometimes used as the measuring point for distances to London, instead of Queen Eleanor's Cross. Neither Wikipedia norLondonist mention it.