Alms houses for seven poor women, founded by Sir Noel Caron ? illegible date ? . Rebuilt ? illegible date ? this was part of the Caron Estate the gift of William Evans Esq, Sherif of London Middx ? illegible date, possibly 1840 ?
At about the time that Evans gave the land for these almshouses he was confined for 44 days in a case relating to an obscene publication in Hansard, of all places. See Evans' page for the details.
Site: Caron almshouses (1 memorial)
SW8, Fentiman Road, 1-7 Noel Caron Houses
These almshouses were built here in 1853 to replace Caron's original 1620 building in what is now Wandsworth Road (but we have not discovered where exactly). 1990's they were modernised and officially reopened by the Dutch Ambassador in February 1997. More information at Vauxhall History and British History On-line 1 and British History On-line 2.