Erection date: 20/12/1989
T Sir M.K. 1989
This corner stone was laid by the Treasurer, the Rt. Hon. Sir Michael Kerr on the 20th December 1989.
On this site from 1693 to 1987 stood successive communal privies always known as the Boghouse.
Site: Boghouse (1 memorial)
WC2, New Square, 16
This is an example of the on-going removal of London's public toilets - and public urinals are now as rare as hens' teeth. One of the few (the only?) remaining public urinal is just a short jet of water from this plaque. Follow the passage to the left into Star Yard to find it.